Sunday, June 05, 2005

You know whats hard?

Starting a camp fire. Actually, I should replace 'hard' with 'impossible. I wonder how humanity survived past the caveman age, because if I can't start a fire with fire starter sticks and lighter fluid no one could possibly start one with a couple of branches.
Otherwise, camping on Saturday was pretty good. I dropped a bunch of marshmellows on my blanket and they all melted. Then I rolled around in melted marshmellows all night. So that was less than fun.
We're sacked out at my parents for the night. We just completed a, um, thrilling game of Pictionairy that included Dad guessing such words as 'bluddle' and 'eight-skating'. But we won.
I also got some good house stuff for my birthday. Tools and nails and all that. And an electric drill. All stuff we will need.
I...I don't know what else to say.

2 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea Ben - I always had problems starting fires as well - Gwen can tell you that. But we usually went camping for a week and the longer you work at it the better you get. By the second Friday I had worked my way all the way up to 'bad at it' - which was quite an improvement. Happy birthday kid and don't worry it will get worse - embrace it !

Gwens Dad

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Ben, Don sweat it about starting a fire. Terry was so good at it I finally insisted on a propane stove. That way we could eat dinner before breakfast.

Happy Birthday, I hope you had a wonderful day. And don't listen to Terry, he just wishes he was 26 instead of a Grumpy old man.

Gwen's Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home