Sunday, June 19, 2005

Don't get a chance to blog much on the weekends, but I did have to drop this note. If you just happened to be listening to the Northern Alliance Radio Show on AM 1280 at about 2:30 PM Saturday, you probably heard me make my commercial radio debut as caller "Ben from Rochester".
I got a chance to plug my website, and we joked around for a few minutes. The topic of discussion was interrogation methods for detainees at Gitmo. My suggestion? Lock 'em in a room with a bunch of US history textbooks and blank paper. They can't come out till they can justify the Discovery Channels list of 100 greatest Americans. I figure either they will realize America is pretty great place after all or just snap trying to wrap their head around it. I can imagine the Newsweek article now.
"The detainee then fell to his knees screaming 'How in the name of Allah could they rank Lance Armstrong ahead of John Adams? The infidels!"

Or maybe not.

3 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger Jen said...

"The detainee then dined on orange glazed duck and Rice Pilaf."

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That was damned funny! I like that torture method.

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger Douglas said...

I heard you on the radio. Nice to have a blog to go with the voice. Someone mentioned playing the music of the Wiggles as a potential torture method. Or better yet, dressing them in the Wiggles outfits. I've been wanting to see them walk around in flowered bathrobes and bunny slippers for some time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home