Sunday, May 01, 2005

Reflections

Well, it's been a few weeks now, and I've had alot of time to think about the past several months. So I suppose you're all wondering..was it worth it? Did you like it? Would you do it again?
As far as the work end goes, I learned alot, but also not as much as I would have liked. I just felt like I wasn't going to learn anymore there, which is why I came home early.
The total experience is a little more complicated. Do I miss it? Well, kinda yeah. It's funny the way that place gets its hooks in you. And no that doesn't mean I wanna go back. Let's run down all the things I DON'T miss about that place.
I don't miss making six fifty an hour and working thirty hours a week.
I don't miss having to work with a bunch of stupid kids who mostly came here to go on vacation.
I sure as hell don't miss living in an apartment with five other guys.
Also, and it's really important to note, this whole thing put alot of financial and emotional strain on Gwen and I. Gwen in particular. She really made alot of sacrifice to make this work.
Positives? Well, I din't get bored of the parks. I still wanna go on Dinosaur and RNRC and all the rest. I guess I could still skip EPOCT. I don't think I went back there on my own after about my first month there. Lasting friendships? Well...I still talk with my friend Jamie. She's the same age as me so we were kinda able to bond over that. But most importantly, and I think Gwen would agree here, I did alot of growing up that I needed to do. So there's that. You know, all this stuff sounds so much more profound when its in my head. Maybe I should have made an outline. Oh well, you know what I mean.
Ih, and finally. No matter what, I am now the end all ultimate family authourity on Disney. So, ha!

It's too bad I never got a chance to work as a Haunted Mansion attendant or Jungle Cruise skipper. Well, maybe next life.

1 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose that's the big question. Would yu still vacation there? Even having lived it for months. Would you say you are more, or less, of a Disney fan now? Ben, the people want to know.
YF

 

Post a Comment

<< Home