Monday, April 18, 2005

Content!

Haven't done a list in awhile so behold..my tope 10 favorite TV shows of all time...

Note, I don't get to watch much tv these days so I'm not really watching anything that is new right now. Also I'm not including the show I've probably logged more hours watching than anything else, Sportscenter.

1. The Simpsons. Like I would have to tell you. Recent episodes have not really dimmed my love of this show...really I think of them as pretty much two different programs. Theres' the 100 or so classic great episodes another 100 that are enjoyable and then however many else that pretty much just leech off the old episodes success. Don't even get me started on Simpsons quotes...
Ok, I just have to drop this one, because I use it in my daily life at least once a week..
"Who's using your power tools?"
"I dunno. Some guy I guess."

2.Mystery Science Theater 3000. I prefer Mike. In fact, I think Mike is waaaay funnier than Joel. I met him one time at a CSJ book reading and he's crazy funny in person too.
"Oh sure, you were just going to eat that sandwhich a little bit...with a little bit of mayo and a little bit of hard salami...well...."
"Arrrgggh!!"

3. Seinfeld. I really appreciate this show. Everyone tells me to watch Curb Your Enthusiasm but I can't stand Larry David. This show, very good though.
"The sea was angry that day, my friends. Like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli."

4. The Sopranos. When this show came out everyone just raved and raved how it was the greatest show of all time. I never really paid any attention though. But then last year I started watching it on DVD, and holy crap they were right. The only show I know of that has actually made me jump out of my seat in surprise while watching it.
"Here. I broughy you a Whitman Sampler." Paulie, to a comatose guy he's visiting in the hospital.

5. Futurama. It's ok to cry at the old dog episode. The good thing about a show that went off the air after only like six seasons? No crappy episodes. Really high quality, kinda overlooked show.
"Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?"

6 South Park. Except maybe King of the Hill, this is maybe the most conservative show on tv. Hands down, the best social satire ever.
"Hey do ya like our teen center?"
"It's ok, I guess."

7.MASH. The older ones. Not the later, schamltzy preachy ones.

8.King of the Hill. This one would have to be a recent addition. I ignored this show for a long time for some reason, but it's actually pretty darn funny.
"You're from Laos? My neighbors from Laos! Do you know Khan?"

9.Pardon the Interuption. It's on ESPN. It's good, I swear.

10.Oz. The early episodes (once again) are just awesome. The later episodes...well...the phrase unintentionally hilarious springs to mind.
"Ok Omar, you've betrayed my trust for the fifteenth time now...you're only getting the keys to my house and ONE of my credit cards!"

Wow this was harder than I thought.

1 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben I agree with your choice of Mike over Joel. I think it was because Joel's humor was a little too deadpan for me. And because I just watched Hobgoblins over the weekend...
"Paint my muscle car prune color please!"
~Becky

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

That Baseball Thing


This Space Left Blank :(

MOB Rules
Minnesota Organization of Bloggers
Baseball Thingy

Powered by Blogger

<