Monday, March 21, 2005

Cubs Vs. Twins

Gwen tells me she directed her dad to my site, so, die-hard Cubs fan that he is, I decided to put in some Chicago content. Lets take a look at the Twins and Cubs starting lineups and rotations.

(Well, I'll get to it as soon as the proper pages load...I came in to the computer lab the other day to find it was down. Apparently they were installing DSL. Oh good, I thought, this lab will actually be usable. Apparently this DSL stands for...uhh..Damn Slow Loading...or something equally clever)

Ok, here we go.
(I'm doing this by batting order..or what I would guess would be the batting order...Twins player is listed first)

1-Shannon Stewart/ Corey Patterson- Edge: Twins. Stewart is a potential annual all-star. Patterson is the guy you keep thinking is in his second season and is gonna break out huge any day now.
2-Luis Rivas/ Todd Walker- Edge: Cubs. Walker, who used to be a Twin, can actually HIT. As opposed to Rivas, who can put the ball in play.
3-Joe Mauer/ Nomar Garciapara- Edge: Cubs. I've never been particularly enamored with Nomar, but at least his knee isn't made of cardboard.
4-Torii Hunter/ Jeromy Burnitz- Edge: Cubs. I'm a huge Hunter fan, but not for his bat. Burnitz is not that great, but a better enough at the plate.
5-Lew Ford/ Derek Lee- Edge: Twins. Because Lee struck out in RBI situations last year on my birthday. Ruin my trip to Wrigley will you!
6-Jaques Jones/ Aramis Ramirez- Edge: Twins. Ramirez has an uncanny ability to always be picking his nose when the camera shows him in the dugout.
7-Justin Morneau/ Todd Hollandsworth- Edge: Twins. Todd was the guy who won Rookie of the Year in 96, beating out Edgar Renteria and Jason Kendall, just because voters were incapable of voting for anyone not wearing a Dodger uniform at the time. And look how well that worked out.
8-Michael Cuddyer/Michael Barret: Edge: Twins. Cuddyer is just holding the spot until TERRIBLE TERRY TIFFEE is ready.
9-Nick Punto/ Pitcher- Edge: Ummmm......

Rotation- Johan Santana, Brad Radke, Carlos Silva, Kyle Lohse, Joe Mays
Mark Prior, Carlos Zambrano, Kerry Wood, Greg Maddux, Glendon Rusch

Well, any rotation where Greg Maddux is your four starter has to be pretty good. But I see that Prior and Wood won't be ready to go at the start of the season. Surprise. Edge: Twins

Closer- Joe Nathan/ Ryan Dempster- Ryan Dempter may have actually been traded now that I think about it. Hmm, I should have researched this better. Oh, well Joe Nathan wins here anyway.

Clearly the better team: Twins! Yes!

2 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm.....yess......I agree. Clearly it's Punty that tips the scale...
YF

 
At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ben -

We were talking to Gwen last night and she said you had a Twins/Cub thing out here so I checked it out. I have been logging on and accessing your venders so you can get some extra cash but I missed the Twins/Cub thing. The Cubs will live or die with how Prior and Wood do and as of now it looks like they will die. They are both having problems again just like they did last year which is not a good thing. Also lossing Sammy was not that big a thing but replacing Alou is not going to be easy. He was a real cluch hitter and those are hard to find these days. But its great that baseball is back and I do hope the Twins are as good as you say and beat those hated White Sox's I am afraid they did get better over the winter. Oh by the way I was a Collie from Gwen thing. Good luck with the job serch you seem to be doing just fine. Hang in there guy and keep smiling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home