Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Here's a tip

I went to MGM today. Had some time to kill and felt like riding Rock n' Roller Coaster. You know what makes that ride even better? When you first get in, sit up as tall as you can. After the restarints come down, and you move up to the waiting area, you can sit back down. Just keep pressing up on the restraint so gravity dosen't pull it down on the loops. It makes the ride a little more intense. The attendants catch me doing this about half the time, but it's worth it. What are they going to do, ban me?

Also rode ToT while I was there. Had a GREAT ride. First, the guy doing the loading was pretty good at his job. While we were waiting for the elevator he was stabbing the buttons on the control panel, whacking it on the side and muttering to himself. Funny, maybe you had to be there.
Then, during the actual drop portion, we briefly bottomed out in front of what looked like some kind of equipment room. There was this faint blue light flashing and you could hear the little girl doing the "It's raining its pouring" song. Creepy.

2 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben,
When Jesse, Joseph and I went to MGM I rode ToT alone and it was pretty good. At one point the ride stopped and it was completly in the dark. Then some blue lightning crackled on the brick wall in front of us and we dropped all the way down to the bottom. Jesse rode after me and he didn't see anything like that though. In fact he said they just kept bouncing up and down like a yo-yo and he wasn't that impressed with it. I guess it's pretty hit or miss. Also, on my ride the attendant was really funny to. He said "Enjoy your ride" and then pushed the button to close the door. Then, as the door was closing he said "Oh no! I forgot to tell you! Whatever you do, don't......". Then the door closed. Much laughter ensued. Maybe you had to see that.
Jen

 
At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Before Nikki had ever been on ToT, we were at the St. Cloud Hospital visiting someone. She was pretty little, maybe 3, and still had long blond hair in ringlets. We got in the elevator and she started singing "it's raining, it's pouring . . ." I didn't even know she knew that song, but we all were creeped out by it and made her stop singing. I think we may have taken the stairs down. Maybe not, but we should have.
Beany
Oh, Ben, could you repost your whole address so I don't have to search through your old posts for it. There's a box of food in it for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home