Monday, January 24, 2005

Back to AK

Well, it was cold...for Florida, so I nearly had Animal Kingdom to myself. I got there early, and wow, if it wasn't for the Limeys, Brazilians and locals, I'd have been alone.
My friend Katherine is a jeep driver on the safari, so I asked to wait for her vehicle. It was a good tour, I got a ton of pictures, even a few good ones. Some wildebeests were standing right next to our jeep at one point, but I couldn't get a clear shot. The weather was cool so alot of animals were out. Lots of gazelles and the like. And of course I had to laugh at the poacher bit. Thats just a new tradition. I think I need to somehow combine all the unintentionaly hillarious things at Disney World into one neat package.
"Well, what do you want me to do? Land a plane on their heads?"
(Hand to forehead)"Waitaminute. I love that idea."

I did see a pretty cool thing after the trip too. There is a wildlife trail outside of the ride you can check out. The first thing you'll see is this sorta waterfall area. While I was there, this big gorilla walked down with a couple of old blankets over his shoulder. He crawled down to this little cave by the river and (after spending a couple minutes picking nits out of his armpit) spread one blanket on the ground, pulled the other one over top of himself and laid down to take a nap. Who knew gorillas had discovered bedding?
All in all a good day at the park.

1 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben, this is your father.
Hello!!?? Who did you think invented the blanket?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home