Friday, October 28, 2005

Friday

Here's todays round of random notes-

-I'm still trying to choke down the idea of White Sox as World Champions. I mean, I know it was statistically probable that they would have to win some time, did it really have to be about three years after I really started hating them? What really galls me is that they did it the way we normally win- good-to-great all around pitching, tight defense and timely if unspectacular hitting. Except they just took it further then we did lately. Oh well. At least this ought to put some real pressure on the Cubs to win. For once.

-Belmont continues his habit of eating wholly inappropriate objects. Last night we came home to find he'd gotten into the pantry and eaten several red potatoes out of the bag. Potatoes which he then spent the rest of the night throwing up. By the end I had gotten pretty good at jumping out of bed and catching it with an old copy of the Mayo Clinic Newsletter. Nonetheless, things have gotten too bad, and we've decided to once again keep him in his doggy jail when we're both gone. As I told him "Free house access is a privilege, not a right!" I'm such an adult now.

-Speaking of being an adult, we're officialy homeowners now. We bought Halloween candy for the local urchins! Mini Baby Ruths, Madagascar Gummies and Spongebob Gummie Krabby Patties. If we run out, we plan to retreat to the basement and hide.

-Stay tuned for updates on my studies for converting to Polish Catholicism. Sample:
Gwen: Name the seven sacraments...
Me: Sloth, lust, pride...uhhh...rage.....

Well, I'm getting better.

1 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben I cannot put into words my thoughts on the W&*%E S*X's. It is by fare the worst Baseball Day
of my life. Forget 1969, I really can't speak of it. It makes me ill just to think of it. The lights are going out all over the North Side of Chicago! Oh and good luck on your studies Ben you are real a good guy to work on this Catholicism stuff. Don't worry about the Polish part of it - its just an Old form of Catholicism
from about 1900 and it has been moving forward slowly from there. Their is a dialogue between our
Church and Rome but their are differences that they have been working on for about 30 years. I always thought of it as an inter-family debate which people outside the faith would not understand, and gees its been almost 90 years since we through those Roman Catholic priests out of the Church. They have to have forgetten about that by now? Oh well - Gwen will help. Hang in there kids and have fun giving candy away tonight!

Gwens Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home