Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I'm back! (Kinda!)

So, my new job will actually allow me to post from time to time as events warrant so...if you actually haven't given up on this site yet, spread the word to the other five readers who have. A few notes for today-

-We've settled on a reception site. Its the Gale Mansion in Minneapolis. You can check out it's web site here. It's quite nice looking. The lady we talked to was extremely friendly and helpful, and actually seemed to know what she was talking about. That was kind of a problem with some of the sites we looked at. For example, we want to do the I-Pod self-DJ thing, and some of the site coordinators had no idea how to do it. But the lady at the Gale said that alot of people were doing that these days and even quoted us an approximate price.

- As you might have guessed, I won't be watching the World Series anymore. After Houstons top of the 5th and bottom of the ninth debacles in game 3 I just can't watch it anymore. The White Sox will win, and my suspiciouns that this whole season was just an attempt by Major League Baseball to insult me. Sigh. And it's not like I can even expect next year to be any better for the Twins, seeing as how the hot rumor nowadays is Torii Hunter being traded. Grand.

-The new job is going quite well. It's a slow adjustment to getting up at 4:30 am every morning, but otherwise its all good. Sadly, the bus doesn't run early enough so I have to drive to work and either pay for a parking garage or park a ways off in a residential area. I'm going with the free route for now, but we'll see how I feel come winter.
The job itself is good. Actually fairly easy, especially on weekends. Of course I'm still making the transition from prep cook to line cook, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem. I'm also going to be getting my old job back at Target for awhile to pick up some holiday cash. It will be nice to be able to have a little more spending money this Christmas.

2 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back Ben. It's nice to read your posts again. I think the Gale Mansion looks like an awesome place to have a wedding.

 
At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Playing catchup on you'r blog. Been busy with things like everyone, You two have had a busy time, new house, new job, and planning a wedding, and last but not least Bellmont. He will get better,Hang tight Love Gramma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home