Sunday, October 09, 2005

Sunday Update

First up- It would appear I am taking a new job. I applied for a day cook position at the Mariott here in town. I interviewed for it Tuesday and the exec chef said he just needed to check my references before he offered me the job. Then Friday he called Gwens phone (that was the number I had to list, thanks to Belmont) and said he wanted to offer it to me. And I'm supposed to go meet him tomorrow. So it sure sounds like it. But me being the eternal pessimist I am, I'll believe it when I hear it from his mouth.
So it sure would be nice to not have that commute any more. Of course my new job will be 5:30 AM to 2pm, so I can look forward to sitting at the bustop at five in the morning in January. That should be pretty fun. But on the big upside, I'll actually be home every evening from now. Which will be really crazy for me and Gwen since we've never had that, or anything even really close. I'll let you all know.

Also, we went to my best friend Petes wedding last night. Gwen said the reception was "perfect". It was alot of fun. I was one of the groomsmen. The ceremony was outside and I had to stand next to a tree with a pine needle branch hanging in my eyes. But we got to see alot of people don't get to see too often. And dance. Which I can't really do as you all know. But that's never stopped me. The best part came during dinner when Jake, one of my fellow groomsmen, proclaimed the salmon to be "really good". He was eating stuffed chicken at the time.
Ok, you would have had to have been there.

1 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A new job! That's pretty good news. It should be a real change of life style for you. Once you get used to getting up at 3 in the morning it should be pretty cool.
I see where you are acting all high and mighty because with your culinary training you seem to be able to tell the difference between salmon and stuffed chicken.
um...
YF

 

Post a Comment

<< Home