Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Deadwood

I finished season 5 of the Sopranos (and I could write awhile on that, but won't) so I needed something new to watch. I saw that Deadwood was on MVP at Hollywood video, so I figured I'd give it a try.
Right now I've only been able to watch one episode, so I couldn't really say for sure how I feel about it, but I have a feeling its not gonna catch. Now I'm hardly a prude when it comes to profanity, but come on. I know these are 1870s miners, but I'd like to think you could still do a reasonably realistic recreation without having every single character use the F word three times each sentence. I don't know if this is supposed to be edgy or realistic or what. It mostly comes across as stupid and excessive.
Not to mention (and I'd like to think I'm usually pretty good at following the plots of more complex movies and TV shows) it's really damn hard to tell everyone apart when they're all covered in dirt. I'm trying to identify people by mustache and thats not good.
Since I didn't recap the last couple episodes of Hells Kitchen, let me make it up by recapping the first episode of Deadwood.

Filthy, Unwashed Mustasche Man #1: F***, this f****** c********* f***** my(inaudible)....f***.

Filthy, Unwashed Mustasche Man #2: F***, thats really f****** f*****, 'cause (mumble mumble) burlap sack (?).

Dapper Mustasche Man: I put on a dignified front, so its surprising when I say f***** s*** c*** you f*** b****** 3*********.

Pretty much.

2 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm surprised you selected lines where they didn't really swear all that much.
YF

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Ben
Stick with it! The profanity really threw me at first too but it's actually a really good show. I like it anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home