Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Whats Hapenning May 5th?

May 5th is the day I understand that new stuff will be opening at all WDW parks for the Happiest Celebration on Earth. That by the way, is the big-ass celebration for the 50th anniversary of Disneyland. It will run for 18 months at which time it will be taken over by whatever else is up for anniversary. Maybe the ten year anniversary of Blizzard Beach, which will then take the title of biggest celebration in Disney History.
In any case, every Disney park is getting something new. Here's whats on tap for WDW-

Magic Kingdom- Well the big thing is that it's a small world is opening back up. No idea on what has been done to it exactly, although the rumor is that it has been made completely p.c. So no more grinning eskimoes I guess. From now on, eskimoes can only be portrayed as the dour bastards they are.

EPOCT- Get's 'Soarin, a hang glider simulation type dealy thing that they have in Disneyland. I'm told it's cool?

MGM Studios- Lights, Cameras, Cars Stunt Show. As my tour guide on the Backstage Movie Tour said "It will feature cars....eplosions....lots of cars....if you really like cars I think you'll like it." Do I like cars?

Animal Kingdom- They get something called Lucky the Dinosaur. Its an animatronic dinosaur that walks around interacting with people. Time magazine called it one of the coolest inventions of the year...for what its worth. Well, it will have a long way to go to overcome that potted plant that goes around talking to people!

All other Disney parks are getting stuff too. I know Paris is getting a completely overhauled Space Mountain which will be more like a modern thrill ride. Also Hong Kong Disneyland will open. And did you know Disney is in negotiation with the Russian government to open a new park outside of Moscow? Viva la capitalism!

3 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to play it safe and do this in three or four posts.
First of all, When I opened this post I was lucky enough to spot a couple of ads for some great anniversary gifts. I can't thank you enough. I swear, I do all my shopping now right on your web page!
Let's see what's going on MK....Hey! Some of my best friends are Eskimoes!....Wait....Is Santa Claus an Eskimo? I'm actually kind of curious to see what they did with It's a Small World. I haven't been on that ride in ages, and I wnder if they were able to upgrade it in some way. Or, maybe not.
YF

 
At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, next installment.
Epcot. Isn't it true that Epcot is now spelled Epcot and not EPCOT? It's a name now, not and acronym. I think... Soarin will be good for Epcot. They really need a genuine E-Ticket ride there. Now they need to start updating some of their other stuff. See what you can do about that.
MGM. The car show. I guess...I don't know. I suppose fake stunts are the obvious choice for a fake back lot. I'm sure it will be fine.
YF

 
At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Animal Kingdom. Wait a minute! A machine that moves and talks!!?? No Way!
Speaking of Disney parks in other countries, I'd be kind of curious to see who plays the pricesses in the China park. I'm thinking Mulan will be fairly easy to cast, with one point five billion applicants, but what about Cindererra? Can I say that on your site? You said the thing about Eskimoes. Anyway, if you can't make fun of people who don't look like you, who can you make fun of?
Um....I don't think I'll sign this one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home