Monday, March 14, 2005

A-teams and second strings

So I've been noticing lately how prominent Stitch has become in Disney marketing. In fact, I would venture to say he is on the verge of being elevated to the Disney Character A-team, something that hasn't happened in about, oh 60 years. For the sake of posterity, or something, I'm gonna try and rank the costumed Disney Charcters I have personally seen in the parks by importance.
Note- This list is not completely all-inclusive. It's just to give you an idea of how I percieve the Disney food chain.

First-string: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, maybe Pluto

Somewhere in between-Stitch. I think Disney's trying to make a big push to put Stitch in the all-time pantheon. Understandable I guess, seeing as how they haven't had another hit character in quite awhile. Why don't they make Princess movies anymore?

Second String- Princesses; specifically to include Snow White, Aurora, Belle, Cinderella Jasmine and Ariel. Includes Mulan if you're at the Chinese pavilion. Chip and Dale. Peter Pan and Tinkerbell. Buzz Lightyear. Alladin.

Third String- Lilo. Rafiki. Mulan anywhere else. Pocohatas. Prince Charming. The Evil Queen. Jafar. The Genie. Jiminy Cricket. Pinnochio.

Fourth String- Hercules. The Splash Mountain critters. Tarzan. Robin Hood. Alice. Dasiy Duck. Flik. Huey Dewey and Louie.

Fifth String- Baloo. Frollo. King John. Woody (Seems like he should be higher, but you never see him) The gargoyles. Mushu. Cruella DeVille.

Sixth String- Friar Tuck. The cat from Pinnochio. The crows from Dumbo (Really)

Sadly, no costumed character- Bill, the guy with a ladder. Ratcliffe.

Hmm, I think that covers it.

3 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what happened to most of the lion king charecters I thought timon and pumba were going to hit it big
-Gwen

 
At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, cool! Disney costume ads. I can't wait to purchase some of this great merchandise.
YF

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben,
You must be looking in all the wrong places. On my trip with Jesse and Joseph we saw Woody three times. Once by himself, once with Buzz and once with Buzz and Jessie. Also I have seen Radcliff twice on two seperate trips. Both times he was in the American pavillion in EPCOT. Friar Tuck is a wierd character but you see him all the time. Am I the only one who feels a little bad for the characters that are not as popular? It always makes me a little sad to see one with no line.
Jen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home