Monday, March 14, 2005

What happened to Colorado

Maybe it's been the last three years of success in Minnesota, but I haven't talked much about my OTHER team, the Rockies. Here's an interesting article on their shift to irrelevance.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=caple_jim&id=2010668

“ What I feel like in my job is I'm not living a lie anymore. In your heart, when you're doing something and you know you should be doing something else, you feel like you're living a lie. ”
— Dan O'Dowd, Rockies GM, on deciding to build the franchise by developing young players

Personally, I think they should just say screw the critics and go back to what brought them in the first place- Five guys hitting thirty plus homers a year. Just take the road losses and light up everyone at home. Nothing else has worked.

1 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. Nobody ever seemed to care if they lost on the road anyway. As long as they were hitting 5 homeruns a game at home, everyone was happy. On the other hand, they have possibly the coolest stadium in the majors. Fans should just be happy to go there.
YF

 

Post a Comment

<< Home