Wednesday, November 24, 2004

First Day of Work

Well, had my tour today followed by a few hours of burger flipping.
Heres what I learned-
Port Orleans is big, either 2058 rooms or 3068, the same lady said both figures, I didn't ask for clarification.
My tour guide kept saying my name, which always makes me feel like I did something wrong. "Okay Ben we're going to walk this way" "Ben, now look at this"
"What? I wasn't not looking at it!"
(Off topic, theres commercials here for this appliance store, where the owner is always throwing forks at dishwashers and yelling "Your dishwasher is a piece of junk!" I dont like it, it feels like I'm being yelled at for something I didn't do)

The burger flipping was really easy, just hot and boring. I have to get through the Quick Service training before I start in the kitchen. Dues paying and all that.

Oh, and for anyone who took my criticism of Mission Space as Disney bashing, so be it. Mission Space sucked. I'm alot more happy with Disney these days, but sorry, the ride sucks. Don't get your expectations up, anyone who is coming here anytime soon. Dad, will you back me up on this?

4 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ben,
Stan is bummed that Mission Space sucked. Your dad confirmed that. But Ben, what about Animal Kingdom? Have you been there yet? Ben,I'm never going to get Becky talked into an Disney internship if you don't make it all sound fabulous. Or at least mostly great. And Ben, I'm not saying you did anything wrong.
Take care,
Beany

 
At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben,
I know the commercials that you are talking about. Jesse and I watched about 30 minutes of them that aired back to back that day we were stuck in the hotel room. Very odd. He also did a demo with laundry detergent and bleach and how in a normal washing machine they "cancel each other out" but not in the washing machines he sells! I'mm guessing it's the same guy ... or else Florida is full of creepy appliance sales men.
Jenny
PS, Jesse and I also got sick on the make-your-own-coaster ride.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Ben said...

With the Hawiaa..Hawiia...Haiwiaa...the guy that looks like he comes from that bunch of islands west of California? Man, he always seems so mad at me and is hitting his appliances and stuff.

 
At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Ben, that's the guy I'm talking about. He doesn't have an accent but he talks like he thinks grammer is a nice idea but not really something you need to bother with all the time. "This dishwasher! Best buy at only 399 dollar! Good for you and family!"
Jenny

 

Post a Comment

<< Home