Sunday, February 11, 2007

Rome

That's the HBO series I'm currently watching on Netflix. I'm only 8 episodes in, so I haven't really formed a strong opinion on it yet. I will say that what "Deadwood" is to excessive profanity, "Rome" is to gratuitous sex and nudity. If you've never seen it, here's a summary of a typical episode-

Two men are standing in a courtyard talking. The camera pulls back to reveal they are both naked for some reason.

Naked Man #1: We should go have sex with some slaves, neh?

Naked Man #2: Aye, but first lets flog the slaves, then slice and eat some pig testicles.

(Cut to several scenes involving many different women, none of whom I can tell apart)

(Cut back to the two naked men having sex, with women, or maybe eachother, I don't know.)

1 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben, stick with it. Rome does not turn out to be like Oz in which men are having sex with each other all the time....

The story does build up and get better by the end of season 1 and season 2 is getting good as well (despite a character change that we can discuss when you get to that point)

- Jesse

 

Post a Comment

<< Home