Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Game of the Year!

Ok, all the crap the Twins have thrown up was almost made bearable by tonights game. Santana strikes out 13(though it seemed like 47)including the first five he faced. Sadly he didn't get the win as it went into the 12th tied 1-1. After the Sox took the led on a heartbreaking near-double play Jason Kubel wins it with a walk-off grand slam!! So awesome. I actually turned it off and went to bed after the Sox scored. But Gwen had the bedroom tv on and had fallen asleep so I went ahead and peaked...just in time to se Kubels at bat. Between this, and Joe Mauer in general I'm willing to forgive just about anything from the Twins.

3 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Blogger Chalice said...

Sorry about the way The Twins are playing for you...just be happy knowing you aren't cheering for The Kansas City Royals. Have them as your team could make one suicidal :)

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Al said...

I know! I KNOW! oh, how I love the mauer. way to represent, hometown boy. got home late from rehearsal last night, just in time to catch the game in the top of the 12th, and then the ending. lovely, lovely. next season I'll have to invest in mlb.tv or cable or something, so I don't have to hole up in my room and listen to jim gordon nutter his way through a game on 'cco.

and yes, I think I am the only blogger who links to DU... I've had a few invites to keegans, and am trying to decide whether to risk my life getting together to drink with my 100 closest and most personal friends from the other side ;) if a random thursday post is suddenly my last, you'll know why!

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Good recaps! Hey, do only people that you're engaged to get a link on your blog?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home