Monday, June 12, 2006

That Does It. I'm Never Voting Democrat Again!

AS you may or may not know the state DFL convention was in Rochester this weekend and a number of luminaries were staying at my hotel. Not a problem in particular mind you, though I did get somewhat weary of serving breakfast to people decked out in up to 300 campaign buttons each, chattering excitedly about what an awesome candidate Amy Klubacher is. But on Saturday I had to work a double to take care of a small evening banquet and make sure things weren't to busy in the restaurant. So I bang out the dinner at 6:30 and by the time 8 rolls around I'm thinking 'It's dead, I can close my side and get out of here.' See, I gotta work at 530 the next morning and I really needed some sleep. (The previous night we'd had a thunderstorm and Belmont spent the whole night crawling over my chest) Then, just as I'm about to announce my plans a 35 top walks in unannounced. Let me repeat that. A party of thirtyfive people showed up to et without any warning. Uncool DFL, seriously uncool. We also were swarmed, piecemeal, with twos threes and fours from the rest of the convention at the same time. I know I shouldn't be bitching about business which equals more hours for me, but I was not a happy camper that night. Oh yeah, they kept ordering even after the kitchen closed at 11 compelling me to make 'choking' motions with my hand. Oh and they were lousy tippers too. And I got to bed at 1am, just so I could get up at 430 to serve them omlettes with a forced smile on my face. I dont care if the GOP runs an alien werewolf for Senate, I'm voting for it.

P.S. 2 hour Hells Kitchen premiere tonight! Check back for my recap! Hells Kitchen, here!

1 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger sakamaho said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home