Thursday, May 25, 2006

Congratulations Harold Dieterle! Or, 'My Back Just Went Into Your Knife!'

Saw a number of things last yesterday. Allow me to numerate.

- Saw the Da Vinci Code with Gwen. If you're one of the five people who haven't read the book, sorry. I did read the book a couple years ago, and my best memory of it was "Man, what a cop-out ending." The funny thing about the movie was, despite the fact I am only a Catholic in the vaugest sense possible, I found myslef getting annoyed by all the historical inaccuracies artistic liberties taken to get the story across. Meanwhile Gwen, who can actually do the sign of the cross thingy without poking herself in the eye didn't seem bothered by it at all. But it had Ian McKellan in it so that was cool.

-Saw most of the American Idol Finale. Whatever. Taylor wins, in what was only the second least surprising ending of the night. Actually, third least considering I knew how the movie was going to end.

- And the big one- Top Chef.Harold won of course, because how the hell wouldn't he have? It just goes to show that no matter how boring and dazzlingly unspectacular you are, if you just don't mess up too badly you can win a cable reality show. I mean, I like Harold well enough, but I can't say he ever did anything during that entire competition that ever 'wowed' me. The running joke of him leaning against the wall with his arms crossed saying "I don't do that" did make for good fodder. I did want to rip that pencil out of his ear though.
I gotta admit, right up until the point where she insinuated that Harold had somehow stabbed her in the back (by being more well liked?) I was rooting just a little bit for Tiffani. I don't think she is really as big a bitch as she was portrayed, and she's about a million times more interesting than Harold. But when 93 percent of the viewers, and all four sous chefs think Harold should win, yeah, she was screwed. I absolutely think she was a better cook than Harold, she just didn't necessarily have the people skills. The sad thing is she was made out to look so horrible, she probably did more harm than good to her career by appearing on the show. Poor Tiffani.

Oh, and I believe the "Harold and Lee Anne are dating' rumors alot more after watching this. Plus, I'll have to dig it up, I read a magazine article with Lee Anne where she talked about spending a month in Mexico with him. Soooo.....maybe yeah.

UPDATE: 1,500 hits so far today from 1,100 unique visitors. Yikes. Considering I started this blog a year and a half ago as a way to keep in touch with my friends and family while I was in Florida, that's pretty insane. And if you're a first time visitor, welcome and I hope you come back!

2 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe the Harold and Lee Anne rumors - just based on the hug that she was giving him at the end of the finale. I had to rewind the last few seconds, just because I couldn't believe how far she had her face buried in his chest! I think they're cute together, though.

 
At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to know what magazine article it was where it mentioned Lee Anne going to Mexico with Harold. I agree with the previous comment about them making a cute couple. Can you imagine the cooking power they would have together once Harold opens his restaurant?! I'd definitely go visit his restaurant just to see if Lee Anne's around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home