Monday, September 12, 2005

I didn't really read all those books I said I read

Ok, I got a confession to make.
Back in elementary school, we had this thing called the "Eager Reader" program. You read a book, your parents signed a slip, you got prizes for reading lots of books. Well, being that I read more than the average third grader I started racking up those slips pretty quick. 200, 300, 400, 500....till one day we had a special assembly to honor the first ever kid to read 1000 books...me. Ok.
Here's the thing. For one, some of those books I got Mom to sign for were, like, Snoopy cartoon books. So those shouldn't even have counted. And there were definitely some books wehre I just looked at the pictures, then turned over to be signed for. So those should not have counted.
So, to any administrators from Lone Tree Elementary that are reading this- I offer to give back any of the trophies and medals I recieved for my reading efforts. I'm going to keep the Dictionary I was given for making it to 1000 because that was a gift from my teacher.
On second thought, I'm sure I read way more books than anyone else, and most of the ones I submitted I really read, so I think I'll just keep all that stuff.
Whew, glad I got that off my chest.

6 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger Jen said...

You know, back when I read 1000 books I didn't get squat for it because the program didn't go that high. And I actually read all the damn books too! Not that I'm bitter.

On another note I have dreams about my teeth falling out all the time too. I heard it was caused by stress. I noticed I dream that stuff more when I'm worried about something. Also, ask Mom to tell you about the history of money dreams in our family. That is if she's still speaking to you after your big confession.

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Benjamin Storkamp!
I always knew you were full of crap!
Mrs Giles

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Benjamin???!!!
I'm crushed. I have lost all faith in anything that is good in the world.
Mrs Shelly

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Benjamin Storkamp!
My only hope is that you rot in hell for what you have done to out community!
Mrs Bush

 
At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Benjamin,
I hope your teeth fall out!
Principal Patche

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Ben said...

Wow, what an unlikely convergance.


Principal Patche??? Wow, even I didn't remember that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home