Wednesday, August 03, 2005

My surviving vice

Chefs have a higher rate of suicide than cops or lawyers.
About ninety percent of proffesonal chefs smoke regularly.
Sixty percent have used cocaine in the past year.
Most drink regularly, many are alcoholics.

Me, I just started swearing again.
I'd gotten pretty good at not swearing anymore. In high school it was pretty bad, I was like a pirate or something. I noticed it, didn'tlike it, and decided to stop. And, as I thnik Gwen could testify, I almost NEVER swear. Well, I don't swear at home anymore, but when I'm at work and things get stressful in the kitchen, it's totally different. Saturday, I couldn't form a sentence without using the F word. I can't help it, it just seems to work at venting steam. It's not good to keep it bottled up inside right?

Saturday I was trying to talk to Gwen on the phone while on break, and people kept calling on the walkie to say they were taking my stuff. I think she was a little disturbed the resluting profanity.

2 Comments:

At 2:47 AM, Blogger Douglas said...

Where is your restaurant? And when should the MOB have a banquet there?

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah. Where is your restaurant, and when should the DAD have a banquet there?
YF

 

Post a Comment

<< Home