Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I just bring this up because Jen mentioned that after seeing Supersize Me she would never eat McDonalds again. I disagree on the principle. In the movie, Morgan Spurlock doubles his daily calorie intake, stops excersising then acts all surprised when he becomes very unhealthy. Well, yeah.
Les Sayer is a professor who duplicated Spurlocks experiment. Except he diversified what he ate and continued to excersise. The end result? He lost 17 pounds in 30 days.
Spurlock has a show on Spike where he puts people through similar situations over a thirty day span. And, surprise, he's coming under fire for heavily scripting the show and planning the outcome.

3 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The reason I will never eat at McDonalds again after watching that film is because of the experiment conducted in the extra scenes on the DVD. The fries after who knows how long never became rotten. Also it took a lot longer for the other McDonalds foods to rot than the other burgers and sandwiches in the experiment. That is just frightening. I am assuming this is Jenny's reason as well but I will let her defend herself on the issue.
~Becky

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Yeah, I'm with Becky on this one. After like 2 months the McDonalds fries looked exactly the same as they did when he bought them. It was nasty. And actually it's not just McDonalds that I avoid. It's most fast food, especially since I fond part of a fingernail in my Potato Ole's recently at Taco Johns.
I've seen 30 Days and even though I thought parts of certain shows were interesting there is no doubt that it's heavily edited in order to show a certain point of view. Sometimes the white liberal guilt thing he has going on is too much.
Jen

 
At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite scene in "Supersize Me" was when Spurlock's mother was crying on the phone because she thought her son was killing himself by eating fast food.
Actually, the fact that Spurlock is a member of the ACLU tells you everything you need to know about him and his motives.
YF

 

Post a Comment

<< Home