Friday, July 15, 2005

What's REALLY pissing Ben off today?

I swear to God, I am going to snap the next time I am throwing away a pan of unused food at work at someone comes by and does the "Oh thats such a waste, with all those starving children in Africa.." OK FINE. You wanna pay to FedEx this pan of uneaten taco bake to Nigeria, hell I'll even box it up for you. Nobody, NOBODY has ever starved to death in Africa because I didn't eat everything I took on my third trip through the buffet. This tray of scalloped potatoes? Upon being made it wasn't going to go to either starving kids in Ghana or tourists on the pleasure boat. We didn't cruelly decide to deprive these kids of food by putting it on a buffet line where it mught not even be needed. If it wasn't for those tourists and that buffet line, this tray of potatoes would not exist anyway. THAT'S not a waste. A waste is sending a truckload of food aid to some poor African country only for it to be hoarded by some tin pot dictator. Thats a waste. Me tossing this unwanted BBQ chicken in the trash wastes nothing more than pennies in our food cost. Ok? Consider this fair warning if we are at a family get together in the future. I don't want anyone to end up wearing half a pan of casserole on their head.

1 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A half a pan of casserole?! That would be such a waste!
YF

 

Post a Comment

<< Home