Monday, July 11, 2005

The End of An Era

Ever since, oh what was it, the late '90s? it's been a strange point of pride for that I had never heard MmBop by Hanson. I know, weird thing to be proud of, but stay with me. Back when it was apparently constantly on the radio, I couldn't help but notice that I had never actually heard it. I dont think I even heard snippets of it on the radio in passing. Eventually, I guess, it faded from the playlists and I pretty much forgot about this unusual phenomonon. At least until it would somehow come up in daily life...which it rarely did. Like, I don't know someone would mention it on TV. Then I would get to turn to the person sitting next to me and smugly say "You know, I've never heard that song." And the person would get all wide eyed and say "Really?" And thats how my fascinating life went for several years.
Until Saturday, on my drive to work, I tuned into 104.1 FM and some song I wasn't familiar with came on. It didn't take me long to realize it could only be one song...or at least thats what I figured from the frequent repetition of Mmmbop!
It occured to me to change the channel, but no, that would be cheating. I avoided the song honestly for all these years, I couldn't cop out. Ok MmBop. You beat me. The song is somewhat catchy, probably less so if you've heard it 60,000 times.

1 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger Jen said...

You'll never get that damn song out of your head. You may even start to like it and seek it out.

Did you get to drive the truck up to the boat again?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home