Monday, July 11, 2005

Gwen and I were out and about yesterday and we stopped into Barnes and Noble for a little while. On our way out Gwen stopped to use the restroom which is located in the kids section. I was kind of wandering around when a rack of Shel Silverstein books caught my eye. And right there was, yes...the Giving Tree. I just couldn't help it. It took me maybe a minute to blow through it and Gwen returned just it time to see me furitively sticking it back on the shelf. "You're gonna start crying!" she scolded. "I can't help it!" I wail, slapping my hands on my face "The tree just gives so much!"

Well, no I didn't actually start crying but come on. You'd have to be some kind of puppy killer or something to not be touched by that book.

3 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Blogger Jen said...

The book that always gets me is "Horton Hatches an Egg". I can't even get halfway into it without sobbing like a baby. By the time I get to the last page I'm just a wreck.

 
At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so true. Just reading the title in your post made me teary. The one book I will never be able to read to any child ever.
Beany

 
At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pass the Kleenex.
YF

 

Post a Comment

<< Home