Friday, August 19, 2005

The Worst Country Music Song of All Time

Now, awhile back I posted on the worst country music lyrics of all time. I stand by them, but really, I don't care one way or the other about the actual song they came from. However, I have now found a song that wpuld make hat line repeated 100 times over look like Stairway to Heaven.
I'm driving home from work the other night and the most purile, pandering piece of craptitude comes on the radio. It's a little something called "And the Crowd Goes Wild" by someone named Mark Willis. Now, I've had my intellect insulted by top 40 music before, but it's always been in a laidback nonaggressive way. I actually felt pissed off after hearing this song.
Song? It's barely even a song, its a couple of verses wrapped around a cheap oppurtunity to play audio clips of local sports teams. They played something from the Vikings, T-Wolves, Wild, Vikings again....and not the Twins! Just to make it worse. This isn't a song, and I was actually annoyed that someone on the radio tried to pass it off as such. Ok, "And the Crowd Goes Wild"...you just made Bens Big List of Stuff as "The Worst Song I Have Ever Heard On Commercial Radio".

1 Comments:

At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, OK, but you never really said, did you like the song?
YF

 

Post a Comment

<< Home