Monday, July 25, 2005

I had a good night at work tonight. I was on the starches station and things were pretty slow, a combination that lets me play around making recipes and such. I can't really use anything other than scraps and leftovers and so on, but that just makes it more fun.
First I had to sautee some shrimp and scallops for the Shrimp Newburg. When I was done I took the leftover juice and combined it with some cream, butter, salt and lots of lemon juice. The result was a surprisingly tasty seafood sauce. Lee, the sous chef said it would go great with cod. So that made me happy.
Also, I was trying to do something, I don't know what, with some fatty prime rib scraps I was sauteeing with peppers and onions. Whatever it was it didn't turn out. So I ended up stirring in some straining it, then stirring in tomato paste to the juice. Some cream, salt and shredded cheddar cheese and I had a really great cheese dipping sauce. Well, I liked it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home