Thursday, March 24, 2005

Surprise!

So yesterday, my friend Jamie calls me up and asks if I want to go see Phantom of the Opera with her room mate. Now, I have some dim knowledge of Phantom....something about a guy in a mask who plays the organ. And then a chandelier falls. I guess I knew it was a musical, but I really wasn't sure if the movie would be a musical too. Anyway, lacking anything better to do, I went and saw it.
And surprise, I actually liked it a good deal. For one thing, the seats were awesome. Even when sitting straight up, the headrest was actually above the top of my head.Finally, someone made a theater seat for the overly tall man! We also sat in the first row of the second level, so I had like four feet of leg room.
Oh yeah, and the movie was good too. I'm not really into musicals, so it's hard to get behind a movie where even the casual dialouge is sung, but it kinda hooked me. And I was really impressed by the phantoms cool technology that allows hime to raise fully lit candelabras out of the sewer water on command. That guys candle budget must be huge. He must spend half his days keeping all his torches and candles lit. I have trouble keeping two candles burning at once.
Yeah, surprisingly good movie.

1 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice going! You just gave away the ending. You spend the whole movie wondering what's going to happen to that chandalier - then the big surprise ending....but not any more.
YF

 

Post a Comment

<< Home