Tuesday, March 08, 2005

RIP Zoe Mendyk, ?-2005

Well, I talked with Gwen last night. It seems that Zoe, Gwens Rottweiler, took a bad turn last week. She was having continuous seizures and the doctors said that it turned out she didn't have a stroke, she had a tumor on her lower brain stem. There was nothing that could be done so yesterday her parents made the decision to have her put to sleep. Apparently she felt no pain at the end and simply laid down and relaxed for the final hours. She was a very good dog. Even during the last days, when she couldn't really walk anymore she would try to nose her way to the door so she wouldn't make a mess in the house. As you can guess Gwen is quite sad. She's very close to Zoe. We were looking forward to Zoe coming to live with us when we bought a house when I came home, but now Zoe will be with us forever.

3 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing how attached we become to our pets. It's like losing a friend. You have my sympathy.
Bill

 
At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the support everyone. Its really tought because it was all so sudden it seems like just yesterday I was home for christmas and she was the puppy I remember her as. I wish I could have been home to say goodbye she was a wonderful dog and she was my dog.

-Gwen

 
At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the support everyone. Its really tought because it was all so sudden it seems like just yesterday I was home for christmas and she was the puppy I remember her as. I wish I could have been home to say goodbye she was a wonderful dog and she was my dog.

-Gwen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home